Blueprint NC is a partnership of more than 50 advocacy nonprofits dedicated to achieving a better, fairer, healthier North Carolina. The goal of its member partners is to influence NC state policy so that people benefit from such policies as better access to health care, higher wages, more affordable housing, a safer, cleaner environment, and freedom from discrimination. We also work aggressively in the area of voter engagement. Blueprint is seeking a full-time Field Coordinator to support the work of the organization and all its partners.
The Field Coordinator requires significant experience in community/labor or social justice organizing or political campaigns and will call upon the skills and passion of a first-rate organizer and strategist. This position will have the opportunity to build quality organizing programs at multiple levels and to provide leadership to projects and campaigns. This important position will facilitate and coordinate the grassroots efforts of Blueprint partners to ensure maximum outreach with minimum overlap. If you have organizing experience and have successfully led campaigns by using clever strategy, coordinating large numbers of volunteers, and keeping good track of a large number of moving parts, keep reading.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping partner organizations develop effective, integrated voter registration, education and turnout campaigns – without duplication
- Recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers
- Learning, training others and using multiple technological tools for campaigns (Salsa, Voter Activation Network, Catalist, predictive dialer, etc.)
- Coordinating coalition-building efforts with Blueprint partners and other community groups
- Coaching, mentoring, coordinating with or taking direction from other organizers
- Leading outreach by holding events and rallies, organizing canvass plans and phone banking to rally public support for partner agendas.
- Plan writing and synthesis.
- Research and develop potential organizing campaigns;
- Organizational development including leadership development, organizer training with the goal of building self-sufficient Blueprint partners.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Minimum two years experience in community, labor, political, or grassroots organizing;
- Success at leading issue-based advocacy or voter engagement campaigns;
- Experience training and supervising volunteers as well as community/labor organizers;
- Proven ability to work with a large and diverse cross-section of members and allies and share a commitment to anti-racism, anti-sexism and anti-homophobia;
- Experience mentoring and coaching to build capacity in partner organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and progressive politics;
- Solid knowledge of North Carolina political landscape;
- Exceptional personal organization and unfailing attention to detail;
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills;
- Facility using new media and ease of learning new technology;
- Proven success reaching out to others and building relationships;
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm to work really hard!
Blueprint offers a casual work environment in its Raleigh office, committed inspired co-workers, a competitive salary, and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life.
Blueprint NC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities and people with unique life experiences are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your cover letter, resume, and list of professional references (including at least one past supervisor) as a single PDF file that has your name in its title to: BlueprintNC.HR@gmail.com